Easy to make by using refrigerated crescent rolls, these Bacon, Cheddar and Jalapeno Pinwheels are a perfect blend of savory and spice. These are so yummy and are super simple to make!
Bacon, jalapeno and cheddar – such an amazingly delicious combination. All combined with cream cheese and rolled into pinwheel form, they are similar to a jalapeno popper, and who doesn’t love those?
There are lots of ways to customize these bad boys too:
- Can’t take the heat? Add mild green chiles instead of jalapenos. That’s what I do for my kids and you get a ton of flavor without the spice.
- Spice it up! Add a tablespoon of Ranch seasoning mix or Taco seasoning to the cream cheese for a unique and savory flavor combination.
- Want MORE heat? Add more jalapenos and some Pepper Jack cheese.
Any of these combinations would be fabulous, but I am partial to these Bacon, Cheddar and Jalapeno Pinwheels just the way they are.
HOW TO MAKE BACON, CHEDDAR & JALAPENO PINWHEELS
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (or dough sheet, if you can find it)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup reserved
- 1-2 tablespoons diced jalapenos (canned or fresh)
- 5 slices crisp bacon, diced/crumbled
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, bacon, jalapenos and garlic salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll out crescent roll dough and lightly press seems together to form a sheet.
- Layer ingredients evenly on the dough, sprinkle with cheese reserving about 2 tablespoons for topping, and roll lengthwise.
- Cut into 1-inch slices and place 2-inches apart on a foil lined cookie sheet. Top with reserved shredded cheddar, if desired.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until bread begins to brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before plating and serving.
Food recipes from https://www.yellowblissroad.com